Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Washington Coast

After living in Washington for 13 years it was finally time to take a trip to the coast! Although weeks could be spent out there relaxing we took a day trip all the way up the coast and just explored beaches all the way till we got back at home. We left at 5:30 am and pulled back into the drive way about 14 hours later at 7:30 pm! It was so much driving yet it was so much fun.

The first stop we took was Ocean Shores. That is basically down in Oregon about three hours away from the house. We had breakfast there at a fancy restaurant known as McDonalds. I mean when on a road trip it is required to eat at least one meal there... well at least in my family. It was a little cold but still so much fun! I definitely slept the whole way there and woke up in time to pull onto the beach. Yes we drove on the beach!




 Next we drove a couple more hours to a small lake resort the Theodore Roosevelt used to stay in. It was beautiful and is also home to the World's largest spruce tree. It doesn't seem so big in the picture but I was tiny standing next to it! We also stopped at a rainforest where the trees were covered in spanish moss and the ponds were beautiful! I wish I could of captured better the beauty of this place but pictures just don't show it. You will just have to take my word that its breathtaking.







The beaches we stopped out kept getting more and more beautiful! my favorite beach was Ruby Beach. We couldn't explore it too much because it was high tide but the beach is covered in flat rocks that you can stack into towers. There are towers stacked on all the drift wood and they were so cute! I recommend that everyone take this drive. It doesn't have to be completed in just one day like we did. There are plenty of places to stop along the way. We ended the day in Forks. You can't drive the coast without stopping by Forks. It was a lot different then I thought it would be. I found out that nothing was actually filmed in the actual town... So I don't get why its such a big deal. 
The Seattle skyline at the end was so great! We took the ferry in and just looking at the city at night with all the lights reminded me on why I love this town so much! 





No comments:

Post a Comment